Thursday, May 9, 2013

Zucchini Noodles

I stumbled across an article on zucchini noodles and was curious on what the heck those? I had never heard of them before which is surprising and I thought what a neat idea. I love zucchini and what a fun way to mix it up a bit. I'm always looking for new ideas for dinner and honestly never thought of this. 

I didn't have a julienne peeler and needed one to do these (because I do not have the patience to thinly slice these...could you imagine. No thank you! I figured I would be able to find one at Fred Meyers because will come on its Freddy's they have everything, right?. Nope they didn't have one, they had every other peeler but this on. So I ended up finding one at a home store.

I washed and dried 3 zucchinis, cut off the end's and started slicing. I've never used a julienne peeler so I couldn't believe how easy this little tool was. 



I sprinkled the noodles with a little bit of sea salt and let them sit in a colander for about 10 to 15 minutes while I sliced tomatoes, removed the seeds and then diced. I used 2 tsp of EVOO in a hot skillet with garlic and lightly sauteed zucchini. I didn't want them to get soft or mushy so they didn't cook but maybe 3 minutes. It was just enough time to get them heated through. I added diced tomatoes and basil and then gave it a quick toss.



served with a broiled cod fillet seasoned with garlic and herbs. YUM!!! It was a nice and light dinner that was full of flavor and fun.


My husband went on to tell me after we had sat down for dinner that when I told him what I was making for dinner he wasn't sure about this one "zucchini noodles", seriously? He is glad now that he didn't knock it until he tried it because he loved them. 

1 comment:

  1. Looks yummy baby girl. I'll have to try this one for me and regulare spaghetti for Dad

    ReplyDelete