Sunday, May 12, 2013
Grilled Turkey Burger & Portabella Mushroom
I've never grilled portabella mushrooms before and seriously I have no idea why since I love them. They are super easy, fast and taste amazing on the grill. Knowing that my daughter would not eat the mushroom since she calls it fungus LOL she had her burger on whole grain bread. I had my doubts what she was going to say because of all the peppers that I put in the meat but I was totally surprised when she tried it without anything said and loved it. She kept telling me all thru dinner how good it was :) I love that both my hubby and my girl are having everything that I am cooking. They will had a grain of some sort with theirs but they still are eating the lean and green part of it.
1 lb 99% ground Turkey
1/2 cup diced sweet bell peppers, yellow, red & orange
1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
1 tbls onion and herb seasoning
1 tsp seasoning salt
2 tsp worcestershire
1 tsp garlic salt
1 tbls EVOO
black pepper to taste
Portabella mushrooms
Red leaf lettuce
Combined the EVOO and garlic in a small bowl and set aside. Mix turkey, peppers, worcestershire and seasonings in bowl, divided meat into 4 patties. brushed both sides with the EVOO & garlic and cooked on hot grill for about 5 minutes per side (this would depend on the thickness of your patty). Brushed both sides of portabella mushroom with EVOO & garlic and placed on hot grill until heated through.
I wasn't sure if I should have drizzled something over it because that's just what I used to do...but guess what? it didn't need anything! The flavor of the turkey with the peppers mixed with the mushroom was delicious!!!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. And to all the Mom's I hope you had a wonderful mothers day! Have a great week!
Labels:
lean and green
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment