Thursday, September 19, 2013

Turkey Cutlets with Zucchini Noodles & Peppers

During the summer months I haven't been cooking that much. We mostly enjoyed salads. They are just cool, fresh and easy. So with the weather starting to get cooler and fall is in the air I wanted to mix it up a bit. I created this for dinner last night and the family enjoyed it. I forget to use turkey cutlets but when I do I tell myself I need to more often. They are a nice little change from chicken.



4 Turkey Cutlets
EVOO (1 tsp for turkey cutlets, 1 tsp for zucchini noodles)
2 Zucchini, peeled with a julienne peeler to make the noodles
1 Yellow pepper, sliced
1 Orange pepper, sliced
2 Cloves garlic, minced 
garlic salt, to taste
fresh ground pepper, to taste
grape tomatoes, quartered
fresh basil, chopped

Season turkey cutlets with garlic salt and pepper. Heat skillet over medium heat and add EVOO, cook cutlets on each side until done (mine took about 4-5 minutes at the most per side but it just depends on thickness of meat) set aside. In the same skillet add sliced peppers and cook over heat for about 5 minutes stirring occasionally. You want them to brown a little bit. Set aside. Add tsp EVOO and 2 cloves minced garlic, stir until lightly brown, add zucchini noodles, stirring until the noodles are heated thru and slightly tender. Toss in peppers. 

To plate I used the zucchini noodles & peppers as my base and added my cutlet to the top and topped with quartered fresh grape tomatoes and fresh basil. Viola!!! 

Enjoy


post signature

2 comments: