Sunday, September 22, 2013

Reminiscing & Celebrating 23 Years...


It was Christmas Eve morning 1989 and I was getting ready for work. I remember being greeted at the door by my love.  He was so cute and I was wondering what he had up his sleeve but also thinking at the same time I really needed to head out or I was going to be late for work. He just looked at me and smiled! I told him I needed to get to work and he said he had something to tell me. At first I wasn't sure what to expect, he shared with me how much he loved me, loved us and wanted more for us and then proceeded to pull out a little box and proposed. I couldn't believe this was happening. I mean don't get me wrong I  had dreamed of this moment since the day I fell in love with him. Needless to say I said "YES"!!  I remember I was so excited and emotional I was shaking. My dream was coming true, I was going to marry my best friend. A good ole mommas boy with such a big heart.  He ended up driving me to work and I must have been just beaming because my boss asked me right when I walked in what was going on. After sharing our exciting news he congratulated me and said Merry Christmas and gave me the day off. 
I was so excited to share our exciting news with my parents but they were out of town on a trip. I really didn't want to tell them over the phone but I didn't want to wait until they returned home either. So we called them and I don't know who was more happier them or us.  

So fast forwarding to the big day, the day I was going to become Mrs. Stephen Burgess. I remember feeling like I was walking in the clouds the whole day. Thinking today is the day I am going to be marrying the man that makes my life complete!! 


 




I am my beloveds, and my beloved is mine.....
                                                               Solomon 6:3



 

I love this picture. Dina is our dear friend who introduced us...
 


Today we celebrate our 23rd Anniversary. I look back through the years and although they all haven't been a walk in the park, we stuck it out and learned from each other.  Even though the tough times are hard and trying they teach and strengthen you. We know the importance of compromise and respect and have a mutual understanding that we don't go to bed mad. No matter what time it is work it out first!!! Not always easy to do but important.

I fall in love with him everyday. He is such a caring, understanding, smart, unselfish, loving, funny, hard working, compassionate, awesome dad, friend, provider, trusting, faithful man who leads his family with God as the center and foundation of our lives kind of man.





Happy Anniversary babe! Thank you for all that you are and do for our family. I Love You!!!



   



Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.  It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth.  It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.  1 Corinthians 13: 4-7



Have a blessed day!
 

post signature





 

1 comment:

  1. Baby girl this post brought back so many memories and I remember that phone call like it was yesterday. Dad and I were so excited for you two and couldn't wait to get home to give you two a great big hug. I remember Dad going out and buying me a wedding planning book so you and I could get started since we only had 9 months to put it all together. We wanted your wedding day to be a close to perfect as we could make it. Wish we where there to celebrate with you two the blessings god has given you as you celebrate your lives together. Know we are there in spirit and that we love you bunches and bunches of bunches. Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete