Happy Wednesday!
Wow it's been a while since my last post. We are in full gear and getting back into the routine of the new school year. I can't believe my little girl is a Junior in High School, driving, talking about finding a job and really getting serious about finding the right college for her and her career path. This past weekend we were out for a girls day with a dear friend and it was surreal listening to them talk about all the different campuses. They already have started setting up some weekends so we can travel to some campuses that she wants to check out. Man the time has flown by!
So with this post I want to give an update on myself, to put myself out there and be transparent. Its kind of an uncomfortable place to be. But I think important at the same time. I'm almost at my goal weight, Whoo hoo!!! Although the last 5 lbs are being stubborn and I keep teeter tottering back and forth with them I will get them! I can't believe that I have lost 75+ lbs since February. It's really hard to explain the feeling I have especially when one of my family or friends will say something. I'm like a high school teenager when I am trying on clothes, crazy since I hated to shop for myself before. Just ask my family I would just keep wearing something that I had for years because I was horrified to go and try on new clothes. It's definitely taking me some time to mentally wrap my head around my new size. I still catch myself saying when I'm skinny I want to buy that outfit or I still catch myself thinking as if I were still overweight. Then I'm like wait a minute I'm normal...haha me normal (well that's debatable, at least my weight is normal LOL). It's going to take me some time to retrain the brain and to replace the junk with positive new thoughts. I have been overweight or should I be real and say obese for most of my adult life. I have struggled with the yo yo cycle for years. The last several years I pretty much gave up and figured I was just going to be fat!!! But I didn't want to be that fat girl. So I made one of the best calls I've made and talked to my grandma who had done the same program I was thinking about. I totally said what the heck, stepped out on faith and dove in. I'm so thankful I did. I had my first check up since I started my program and my doctor was floored. She's so proud of me, and for whatever reason that really means a lot to me. It's kinda like a parent when they are proud of you. That you have done something that makes them happy! When she walked in the room she said she wouldn't have even recognized me if she hadn't already known that I was there. We talked about my accomplishment and she reminded me that obesity is a large factor with heart disease and stroke in women. That those two things take the lives of more and more women. Yikes!!! I was setting myself up for either one of those or even diabetes.
So with all of that said I'm putting my stats out there, I want to hold myself accountable. I want to be able to encourage others and help others that feel like I did, like there is no hope, guess what there is!!!! Don't give up! I have come a long way and I am super proud of my accomplishment. My family has been and remains to be my major support group and encourager! I am truly thankful for them!!!
I've even started running (or should I say jogging at this time but still out there) and what a pretty awesome feeling that is since I've wanted to run for as long as I can remember.
so here goes....
February 2013 September 2013
size 18-20 size 8-10
weight 240 weight 162
bp 140/86 bp 124/76
BMI 32 BMI 23
Learning to eat healthy, be active, get sleep, have quiet time and have a good support group has changed my life. My new goal is to live an optimal healthy life and help others do the same!!!!
Have a blessed day!
I love this. Way to go, Marianne! :)
ReplyDeleteThank you!!! You are such a sweetheart!!!
DeleteYou are so inspiring, Marianne! Congrats for all the hard work and dedication you put it. It surely paid off!
ReplyDeleteAwe thank you girl!!!! Means a lot to me!!
Delete